Introducing the ALMA: monofoil hybrid kite
We are really excited to introduce the ALMA, or new monofoil hybrid kite! It is the product of a collaboration between Airwave / BGD designer Tom Lolies and multiple World Champion Maxime Nocher.
The ALMA is a light, stable and versatile kite for hydro foiling and snow kiting. It’s a brand new technology design, never seen on a kite before: the front half is inflated closed cells, and the back is single surface. There are five inflatable spars that add structure and rigidity.
It combines the best of tube kite and foil kite worlds:
– It is 20% lighter than the lightest tube kite on the market, yet using strong and durable materials
– Low bar pressure, nice bar feedback
– Progressive power generation in loop or gusts for easy foiling and surfing
– Low packing volume for snowkite and touring adventures
– Super tight turn radius, kiteloop and megaloop machine
– Instantaneous depower
– Super simple line layout, no tangling
– Easy relaunch
– Rock solid stability even in strong turbulence